Unity 3D WebView for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS
Easily render and interact with web content in 3D on Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS using the same code that powers the Vuplex VR/AR Browser.
- Load a webpage from a URL or HTML string
- Watch videos and YouTube
- Type with the included on-screen keyboard
- Get started quickly using WebViewPrefab, which automatically renders to a Texture2D and handles user interaction
- C# source code for a unified API that is the same on Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS
- Powered by Chromium on Windows and macOS (currently v78.0)
- Dispatch keyboard and mouse events, resize, zoom, scroll, and go back / forward programmatically
- Listen for browser events like TitleChanged, UrlChanged, and PageLoadFailed
- Supports multithreaded rendering and single pass stereo rendering
- Supports PDFs
- Android 5.0+ (armv7, arm64, x86) with OpenGL graphics
- iOS 10+, supports both Metal and OpenGL
- Windows 8+ (x64, x86) with D3D11 graphics, Visual C++ redistributable required
- macOS 10.10+ (x64) with Metal graphics
- Unity 5.6+ (except versions 2017.3 - 2018.1 are unsupported on Windows due to a Unity bug)
- 3D WebView's native Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS plugins are provided as precompiled libraries, and the native source code for them is not provided.
- Licensed primarily under the Vuplex Commercial Library License, with additional licenses for the following open source libraries:
- On iOS, regular HTML5 video tags and videos on popular sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook work well, but some 3rd-party JS video widgets do not function as expected. To determine whether a specific site or video widget is compatible, try it first in the Vuplex VR Browser app.
- Building for the Windows Store or Mac App Store is not supported.
- Contact me if you have questions!